Our online gallery receives hundreds of views every month. Want to submit your work for consideration? Although not every work is accepted we still love to see what everyone is doing!
Wet Felting Gallery
Click an image to view larger.
- Zoë, by Karen Tetrault (Massachusetts, USA)
a llama felt coat with freshwater pearl embellishment
- Student work from Linda Veilleux's Nuno Coat class, 2007
made with Short Fiber Merino Batts and silk.
- Seascape Aqua Scarf, by Jean Gauger, www.sugarplumoriginals.com
made with Merino, silk and other embellishment
- Peacock Butterfly Shawl, by Jean Gauger, www.sugarplumoriginals.com
- Peach Rose Journal, by Jean Gauger, www.sugarplumoriginals.com
- Genesis, 12" x 16" x 9", by Dixie Brown (California, USA)
made with Norwegian C-1 Batts
- Vis Viva, 26” x 14” 14”, by Dixie Brown (California, USA), Hand-made felt over welded steel armature
- String Scarves Collection, 2008, by Nancy Dorian (Massachusetts, USA), www.nancydorian.com
- Community Blanket, by Colorado Grade School Students
made with Merino Prefelt
- Sculptural Vessel, by Andrea Graham (Canada), www.andrea-graham.com
made with plant-dyed Värtsillä Finnwool
- Wall Sculpture, by Andrea Graham, www.andrea-graham.com
- Liberatio Captivus, by Andrea Graham, www.andrea-graham.com
Needle Felting Gallery
Click an image to view larger.
- Harlequin, 2012, by Steven Shipman.
Steven used Norwegian C-1 wool and Short Fiber Merino Wool to needlefelt this adorable Harlequin figurine. The shoulders were teddy bear jointed. The hat, cockade and ruff were constructed of felt that Steven wet-felted. The eyes were painted with acrylic and the cheeks were brushed with an artist's pastel.
- Relocation: Runway, 2012, 15" x 17" x 2", by Gary Schmitt.
Gary used primarily Norwegian C-1 wool and Norwegian C-1/Pelsull to needle felt "Runway" which is one of five works in his "Relocation" series of suspended landscapes. "Relocations" represents parcels of earth containing the remnants of earth's culture. This work was needle felted onto a semi-rigid base and suspended by monofilament line from a wooden frame attached to a wall.
- Heimdal, 2012, 7" long, by Kiyoshi Mino.
Yoshi used Norwegian C-1 wool for the core and rolled C-1 into small strips to represent the locks of the sheep's coat. The fine details of the face were felted with Merino Combed Top. Yoshi's wife Emma and he just started a small farm in Central Illinois and have a flock of six Icelandic sheep. This felted sheep is a portrait of their ram, Heimdal.
- Landscape, by Andrea Graham
- Thimbletack, 2008, by Andrea Graham
- Needle Felted Landscape, 14" x 20", by Diane Christian
- Evelyn, 2008, by Kay Petal
- Peter Pumpkin Eater, by Marion Beaudry (Massachusetts, USA).
- Waldo, by Barby Anderson (Colorado, USA)
made with Short Fiber Merino Batts for the teeth and delicate features.
- Two Mice in Nest, by Barby Anderson.
- Daisy, Felter's Garden Kit, made with Norwegian C-1 Batt.
- Calla Lily, Felter's Garden Kit, made with Merino Prefelt.
- Nuno Fantasy Flower, Felter's Garden Kit, made with Short Fiber Merino Batts.
- Andrea Graham's Pretty Pillows and Peculiar Pods Class, April 2009, made with Finnwool.
- Andrea Graham's Dimensional Landscapes Class, April 2009.